- What type of information do you collect? Such information can include names, credit card numbers, addresses, phone numbers, emails, and more.
- How do you collect their information? Some businesses may collect information when customers enter information directly into a checkout page, via credit applications or account registrations, when they sign up for newsletters or promotions, via cookies installed on their computer, or other methods.
- How will you use their information? Assure users that their information will be used solely for purposes of the transaction, inform them if any information is shared with third parties in order to complete the transaction, and that they must consent to any further distribution of that data.
- Contact information for your company. Give customers a straightforward, easily accessible way to contact you if they have any privacy concerns or complaints.
- Issues regarding COPPA or HIPPAA. If you collect any information from children under 13 or anything regarding health matters, you must comply with both the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPAA).
- How can customers opt-out of future communications? You should provide clear procedures for customers to opt-out of certain or all email communications such as newsletters, offers, and more.